Are you an NGO or nonprofit looking to do philanthropy differently? Apply for Scale X Design!
Scale X Design accepts 2-5 non-CARE teams per cohort. Is Scale X Design right for you? Is your team:
- Struggling to take a promising, innovative model to scale?
- Looking to build your skills in design thinking, designing for scale, business models and communications?
- Committed to make the most of your accelerator year?
- Able to make a contribution of a small program fee and travel expenses for two team members to Atlanta for bootcamp?
Each year cohort themes are announced in the fall, applications are accepted through late winter and selected teams are announced in the Spring! Interested? Provide us with the following information and we’ll let you know when applications open:
Applications are evaluated on four criteria:
- Alignment (30%): The proposed initiative will further advance efforts to solve the problem OR at least one of the outcome areas of the selected cohort theme.
- Potential for Impact (25%): The proposed initiative has demonstrated that it is truly addressing the problem. You have evidence that demonstrates your solution is better than what’s been done before or what’s currently being done by others to address the problem.
- Potential for Scale (25%): The proposed initiative has the potential to scale up. There is evidence of interest from outside stakeholders to scale.
- Potential for Catalytic Investment (20%): The proposed innovation would significantly benefit from participation in the labs, boot camp and pitch event, being matched with mentors and pro bono support
Click here for an example of a Scale X Design Application Packet.
Partner with Scale X Design
Are you an NGO looking to build an accelerator program? Are you interested in providing staff with high-quality learning opportunities on design and social enterprise? No need to reinvent the wheel! We have created over a dozen learning labs specifically designed for staff in the humanitarian aid and development sector. We’d be happy to share our work and collaborate with your organization. Click here for more information on our available labs.